🌱 The window of the Saint-Jean-Baptiste church is broken + open job offers
Hello, Colombia! Let’s kick off this Tuesday with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny and pleasant. High: 74 Low: 60.
Here are the top three stories from today in Colombia:
- A man has been arrested and charged with breaking a window at Columbia Church. Jeffery Couch was charged at St. John Baptist Church on West Beltline Boulevard on Sunday. He is currently being held in a bail detention center. (WIS News 10)
- Columbia’s tight affordable housing market has been worse for people with disabilities. Many houses listed do not have disabled facilities, such as walk-in showers and first floor bedrooms. Able SC will host Access and Independence Advocacy Day on April 13 at 10 a.m. at the State House to advocate for more accessible housing. (WLTX.com)
- Are you looking for a job in Colombia? Patch and ZipRecruiter have compiled a list of open opportunities, including vacancies at SC State Credit Union and Symbrium, Inc. Visit Patch for complete listings. (Crest of Colombia)
From our sponsor:
Today’s bulletin is brought to you in part by by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET has called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
- A message from the US National Weather Service in Columbia, South Carolina: “Strong to severe storms will be possible across the Midlands and CSRA from Wednesday to Wednesday evening. All threats are possible, including isolated tornadoes, damaging winds and large hail. Stay tuned for updates as this event develops. evolves (Facebook)
- Grab a friend and swing down South Carolina State Museum kicks off Jazz Appreciation Month with a shindig filled with all-you-can-eat shellfish and sweet melodies. Buy your Shuck n’ Swing: Jazz & Bluegrass Oyster Roast fundraiser tickets today. (Facebook)
- In honor of Women’s History Month, South Carolina Humanities is spotlighting our female presenters in the Speakers Bureau. Today we recognize Ruth Miller. ✨Want to learn more about Ruth and how you can get her to speak for free in your community? Read our article! (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Columbia Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday on the right foot! I will see you soon.
— Dan Casarella
About me: Dan Casarella is a writer, podcast producer and small business development specialist who previously worked in late night television. He has produced numerous chat segments, including with President Joe Biden, Kobe Bryant and Chadwick Boseman. Dan studied Media Studies and Production at Temple University. He also enjoys running, painting, and learning about the ups and downs of Philadelphia sports teams.