Architectural Designer – Falls Church, VA, USA | Jobs
Falls Church, Virginia, USALocation:
Wed 27 April ’22Posted on:
Cook Architecture is nationally recognized for its expertise in designing new spaces and reimagining existing spaces, resulting in distinctive modern buildings. Our creative efforts have won numerous awards from the American Institute of Architects and other institutions at the local, state and national levels. We primarily focus on mid-century modern and residential projects, often with an emphasis on historic preservation. Learn more about us at www.cookarchitecture.com.
We are looking for super resourceful and positive individuals who are highly skilled and driven to detail and produce construction documents as well as individual project management.
Cook Architecture is a unique company with proven design methods. We seek candidates who are open to adapting to our firm’s culture and high standards, with the promise of opportunities not offered by many typical studios. Opportunities for professional growth include construction administration, business development, sales, mid-century furnishings, contemporary art and interior design, all in our “wheelhouse”.
We are currently accepting applications for Architectural Designers, Lead Architectural Designers and Architects.
- 5-year degree or master’s degree in architecture from an accredited school
- 3+ years of office experience in an architectural firm working primarily in AutoCAD for architectural designers; 7+ years of experience for senior architectural designers and architects
- Ability to manage projects from schematic design to construction documents
- Ability to enthusiastically transition into production on existing projects as we grow from a small to medium-sized business
- Mastery of AutoCAD; looking for AutoCAD superstars with advanced training, specifically recognizing the best tool for the task, how best to use that tool, and how to create new tools to complete tasks more efficiently
- Experience working on CDs, detailing buildings, conducting site visits and project management
- Demonstrated technical competence in residential architecture
- Architect’s license preferred; applicants on the licensure path will also be considered
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working technical knowledge of modern residential construction methods, materials and systems
- Understanding and appreciation of modern and mid-century design in residential architecture
- Ability to communicate with our clients in a clear, professional and positive manner
- Salary according to position, diploma and experience
- Profit-sharing potential
- Resettlement allowance
- Paid vacation
- 5 days paid vacation, 10 days paid vacation after first year
- 4 paid sick days
- Inspirational and modern studio
- Motivated and diverse team
Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to [email protected]
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for a work visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position. We do not accept CVs from recruiters, employment agencies or other personnel suppliers. Cook Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce.
Back to task list…