Catholic Church Owner’s Insurance | Searcher

{“menu items”:[{“label”:”What does Catholic Church landlord insurance cover?”,”anchorName”:””},{“label”:”Here’s a breakdown of Catholic Church landlord insurance features”,”anchorName”:””},{“label”:”Standard features”,”anchorName”:””},{“label”:”Optional add-on”,”anchorName”:””},{“label”:”Exclusions”,”anchorName”:””},{“label”:”Here’s the bottom line about Catholic Church landlord insurance”,”anchorName”:””},{“label”:”Frequently asked questions”,”anchorName”:””},{“label”:”Leave a Catholic Church landlord insurance review”,”anchorName”:””}]}

Our opinion

  • The Catholic Church covers default in rent, theft by renter and engine burnout as standard. These are usually expensive additions to other policies.
  • There are no additional charges for paying your monthly premium – this is sometimes difficult to find with other insurers.
  • Catholic Church content policies have minimum security requirements. If your home is not equipped with an alarm or other security device, you will have to pay an additional deductible of $500 for any theft or burglary.
We currently do not have this brand on our panel. But do not worry ! You can go to the Catholic Church’s website or compare a bunch of other homeowners insurance companies with Finder.

Quickly compare homeowners insurance

What does Catholic Church homeowners insurance cover?

Catholic Church homeowners insurance can cover the contents of your property, your building, or both. Here are some of the main insured events covered:

All policies come with a cooling-off period of 14 days and, like all insurers, you will have to pay a deductible when you make a claim. The default base deductible is $800, but you can choose an amount between $500 and $10,000.

Here is a breakdown of the features of Catholic Church homeowner’s insurance

Standard Features

Here are some of the main features that Catholic Church homeowners insurance may cover when you make a claim for an insured event:

  • Building Code Compliance Costs
  • Outdoor content at insured address
  • Debris removal
  • $20 million legal liability
  • Make your buildings eco-friendly
  • Motor grill
  • Reconstruction and professional fees
  • Rental costs after an insured event

plus icon

Optional add-on

The Catholic Church does not offer many homeowner’s insurance top-ups compared to several other insurers. Some of its add-ons include:

  • Flood
  • Owner’s Worker Compensation
  • Default of rent and theft by the tenant

cross icon


The general exclusions of the Catholic Church are similar to those of other insurers. You will not be covered for:

  • Sea actions including high tide and storm surge
  • Coal Seam Gas
  • Illegal content
  • Inherent defects, including faulty design or materials
  • Maintenance or repairs carried out by your tenants
  • War, rebellion or insurrection
  • Wear and lack of maintenance

This is not a complete list of general exclusions from the Catholic Church. You can find a full list of what’s not covered in its product disclosure statement and learn more about general exclusions here.

Here’s the Basics on Catholic Church Homeowner’s Insurance

Catholic Church Homeowners Insurance covers you for the basics plus many additional features that you will often have to pay extra for with other providers. You must, however, check that you meet its strict security requirements for Contents Insurance or you could face an additional deductible at the time of claim.

Still not sure? To compare Catholic Church homeowners insurance policies side-by-side with other providers, you can go here.

Leave a review on Catholic Church Homeowners Insurance

If you have held or currently hold a Catholic Church homeowner’s insurance policy, we would like to hear from you. Your opinion can help other Australians decide if the Catholic Church is right for them. Some reviews come from a survey commissioned by Finder.

Jerry B. Hatch