Smithtown Police Blotter: Church Burgled, Items Damaged
SMITHTOWN, NY — Curious about what’s going on in your neighborhood? Learn about recent crimes reported in the region between March 20 and March 26.
The Suffolk County Police Department released the following information. All charges are charges and do not imply guilt.
- March 26: A robbery (third degree) was reported on Nicola Lane in Nesconset at 11.35pm. A check was stolen and deposited through a mobile app, police said.
- March 25: A burglary (third degree) was reported on Middle Country Road in Lake Grove beginning December 1, 2021 at 7am. The New Village Church was burglarized, police said. The burglar moved headstones on the property and entered the building by breaking a window, police said. Once inside, they knocked over a church organ, discharged a fire extinguisher and other damage, police said.
- March 23: A robbery (second degree) was reported on West Jericho Turnpike in Smithtown beginning January 1, 2020 at 7 a.m. Medical supplies were stolen from a doctor’s office over the course of two years, police said.
- March 22: Identity theft (first degree) was reported on Frank Street in Smithtown starting March 12 at noon. A person opened a cellphone account and credit card charges were billed in the victim’s name, police said.
Find out what’s happening in Smithtownwith free real-time Patch updates.
To request removal of your name from an arrest report, submit these required elements for [email protected].
- Be respectful. It is a space for friendly local exchanges. No racist, discriminatory, vulgar or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Be transparent. Use your real name and back up your claims.
- Keep it local and relevant. Make sure your answers stay on topic.
- Review the Patch Community Rules.